Wed, 26 Jan|
ZERO's Green Home Zone presents: “A Route Map to Net Zero”
Around 40% of the direct CO2 emissions in Surrey come from heating our homes. Clearly, action needs to be taken, but where to start the journey? ZERO provides a platform for understanding the Net Zero challenge through sharing information, ideas and experience.
Time & Location
26 Jan, 19:00
ZERO, Friary St, Guildford GU1 4EH, UK
About the Event
This first talk in our series is targeted at home owners and private landlords and introduces us to the background and timing of UK’s Net Zero targets, the local Surrey CO2 context, and a suggested Route Map through the minefield of a sometimes confusing profusion of solutions and technologies out there…….where do I begin? How to establish priorities? Creating a plan to suit your circumstances.
In later talks we will explore different tools and technical solutions, their application to different accommodation types, their potential benefits and limitations.
- Carbon Foot printing – An introduction and some tools.
- Reducing existing heating system energy consumption: Correct settings, improved controls and other tips.
- Fabric First: Draught proofing & Insulation.
- Understanding heat pumps and other low carbon heating sources.
- Energy suppliers, Solar PV, Solar thermal and Battery storage.
The talk will be given by Gordon Farquharson. Gordon is a local resident, ZCG volunteer, GEF and MRA member. He is a Chartered Environmental Building Services Engineer with a wealth of commercial and industrial built environment experience.