Volunteer with Zero Carbon Guildford
Our community space, ZERO, is run entirely by volunteers. Volunteers do everything from working in the ZERO-waste shop, to stewarding events, to the day to day running of the centre.
Volunteers Make ZERO Happen!
We’re always looking for people to join our amazing team of ZERO volunteers. On this page you’ll find a list of our volunteer roles. Don’t know which to pick? Don’t worry, you can pick more than one.
Once you’ve had a look at our roles, submit an application by clicking ‘Apply for this role’ on any role that interests you.
What you'll need to know before you apply:
Contact details for one reference (e.g. a friend, colleague or teacher)
Which role (or roles) you'd like to apply for (you can read about our volunteering roles below)
An idea of when you are available to volunteer
• Help events and activities at ZERO run smoothly.
• Help setup ZERO for events, and clear down afterwards.
• Direct guests around the building, and provide help and information
• Help the ZERO team run a welcoming and efficient venue.
• Showing prospective users around the space and meet booked users.
• Running through fire, health & safety briefings with users of the space.
• Managing a small team of Event Stewards to ensure events run smoothly.
Zero-waste Shop Volunteer
• Run the shop floor including introducing customers to zero-waste shopping and operating the till.
• Talk to customers and other volunteers about environmental issues you are interested in, ZERO projects and our local community.
• Ensure the space is tidy, well-presented and safe.
• Restock products.
ZERO is home to projects run by many different local groups. The roles listed below take place at ZERO, but are managed by another organisation.
GEF Desk Volunteer
• Welcoming visitors and introducing them to the GEF desk within the ZCG facility.
• Explaining how GEF operates and giving examples of how GEF and ZCG are working together to achieve their similar missions.
• Helping visitors to understand their carbon footprint and reduce it helped by tactful suggestions.